1. My stomach was very bloated and this is not traditionally the area that I carry weight
2. My hips, which is the place that I do carry weight, were larger than I had ever seen them
3. My skin seemed so pale
4. My hair was rather dry and lifeless
5. I had wrinkles that I had never seen before
6. I weighed 160 lbs. and I am 5 feet three inches tall
7. I felt old and out of shape
8. I felt as though my life was slipping away from me
9. I felt a little angry and hopeless all at the same time
I know your first question is how did this happen? I asked the same thing. Reflecting back on my lifestyle I was doing a great deal of travelling with my fashion agency at the time. I was not eating properly. I definitely was not exercising or meditating.
Do you think this was my wakeup call? YES IT WAS!
First Step: I put together a schedule so that I could fit in meditation and exercise. I started exercising first thing in the morning by getting up one hour earlier and I meditated at night.
Second Step: I started making healthier choices with respect to food.
Third Step: I went to see my doctor to see where my thyroid levels were.
And thus began my journey into Menopause….
I have been there ... I have survived it, feeling better than I did at 45 and I know looking better. I embody a woman at the age of 64 who has more energy than you can imagine. This enables me to keep up with my grandchildren, who are 5 and 9. In fact the other day, how great was this, I was skipping rope with my granddaughter! It was “awesome” and we were singing a song that I used to sing when I was her age. “Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Turn Around” - do you remember it? What a gift to be able to do this and not to have to lie down to rest afterwards. We then went bike riding….
I encourage you to take control of your life at whatever age you are now…it is never too soon…or too late to get back on track.
If I can be of help in coaching you to your goals, I am here to listen.
by Leslie Traill, founder of “Sexy Over Sixty,” is a pioneer in the field of life coaching & personal empowerment. She is a sought after speaker, Certified NLP Coach, meditation coach, menopause coach and Counsellor.